2 de marzo de 2011

Life in a Day...

Yesterday I saw one of the best documentary/film I've ever seen. I found myself laughing, crying and even experienced goosebumps.
The premise was the following (Copied from http://www.youtube.com/user/lifeinaday):
Life In A Day is a historic global experiment to create a user-generated feature film shot in a single day. On July 24, you have 24 hours to capture a glimpse of your life on camera. The most compelling and distinctive footage will be edited into a feature film, produced by Ridley Scott and directed by Kevin Macdonald.



They received over 80.000 videos, a total of 4.500 hours of raw, amateur footage from 192 different countries. The idea behind it, is so amazing! I heart it! And although the outcome is just subjective, I loved the point of view the Director decided to take. I say its subjective, since with that amount of footage, any kind of story could be told, in as many different ways as human beings exist in this world.
I was amazed by the photography and music. It was moving and well put.
Small spoilers ahead!.....


It made my mind blow up with one specific scene where three ladies were making flour while singing some kind of tribe song. Then there was another scene making reference to Afghanistan and the USA troops in Irak that was an eye opener. Also there was a part where people showed off the things they own, as opposed to all the things others lack...and we take for granted.
The ending scene was amazing as well....It made me think what happened last July 24th in my life, and whether I am making the best out of each and every day. I will not start telling about all the scenes because I would have to tell you all of them. It was amazing from beginning to the end. An every single piece of footage included there was arranged in a way that leaves you with thousand things to think about what you are doing, what you should do, how tings are and should be.
I found myself thinking in my head...wait...woohh woohh woooahh this was prepared and set....this cannot be a day in someones life at random...but it did happened, and it does at every damn second.
Life is amazing, life is fun, life is sad, life is anything we want it to be.
XOXO
C
PS: I wish I had recorded my 24th July 2010.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...